Wednesday 16 May 2012

One Layer Only!

Well very unsure about this card but thought I would give you all a smile! Saw the challenge on Christmas Stamping all year long - one layer only and thought that couldn't be too hard - how wrong I was! I was totally lost without all my papers.
Anyway here is my finished effort - I used a stamp -A Christmas Carol by papermania. I stamped it with versamark and then embossed it using various different coloured embossing powders. I tried to distress the edges and the background of the card with Tim Holtz distress inks but very unsure of the result. I've added flowers and accent beads to contrast the colours of the image.
I am entering this card in the following challenges -
christmasstampin-new-challenge - one layer
houseofgilli/embossing
kraftinkimmiestamps/challenge-128-one-layer-card

2 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Hee, hee, hee!!! I too thought oh one layer will be easy!!! 3 cards later I was ready to give up :>) You really added so much color to your card - it does not come across as just one layer. Must be the embossing :>)
Thanks for joining in the Christmas stamping fun at CSAYL!!!

Patricia Chalas said...

your card is very cute!
Thanks for joining in the Christmas stamping fun at CSAYL!!!