Thursday 12 April 2012

White Christmas

Decided to make a Christmas card tonight as I have seen a few challenges with Christmas themes. I guess its never to early!


The image is a stamp from Lili of the Valley - Christmas Bird Table. I love how the Teddy is putting stockings out for the birds. I coloured the image with Whisper Stroke pens and distressed the edges of the spellbinders shape with VersaMagic Aspen mist chalk ink. I then added some clear glitter to give the effect of snow and fur.

Using a square card blank I covered it with a piece of paleblue snowflake paper from my stash. I then mounted the image on a darker blue snowflake paper. I punched some snow flakes out of the remaining backing papers, layered them up and glittered them with clear stickles. I added some silver Christmas ribbon. I then stamped "Just dreaming of a white christmas" using a crafty individuals stamp - I distressed the edges and mounted it on foam pads. To finish I added some small white pearls.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges -
craftyhazelnutschristmas challenge-67-white-christmas
doyoustackup-67-glitter-bling.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Love it. Never too early for Christmas cards xx

Hazel said...

It makes sense to make them early. And this is a delightful card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 67 - hope to see you again soon. x

Pia S said...

Such a sweet image and pretty design!