Friday 20 April 2012

Reach for the Moon

Good evening, my card today has used a stamp I have had for a while and struggled for inspiration with. I found the backing papers in a local craft shop and knew if I had them then the stamps would get a lease of life!
First I cut a Cheery Lynn Die - Exotic Butterfly - small#2 on my cuttlebug. Next I embossed it using a black embossing powder.
Using a paper from Katysuedesigns - Lunar Landscapes, I stamped my silhouette using using versamark and again embossed it with a black embossing powder. I then triple mounted the image with silver paper and then a black textured card which I cut using a deckle edge blade.
I made a card blank using a deep purple A4 piece of card and attached the mounted image. Down each side I added a strip of silver accent beads. I added my butterfly and a flower to contrast attached with a silver and purple pearl brad. I embossed the sentiment "Reach for the Moon" and curled and raised it using pinflair glue. To finish off I added some purple/black hot rhinestone gems to the butterfly body and the swirls of the backing paper.
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges -
craftascene - silhouettes-challenge-week-3
craftyourpassion/challenge-106-die-cuts-and-punches
paper-pretties-monday-challenge - dry or wet embossing
wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps challenge-77-anything-goes




7 comments:

Helen said...

That looks great. Love the colour scheme :) xx

NancyD said...

Susie, you have created a very lovely card with silhouette. Love your ski picture! Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.Fabulous colour combo and such pretty details.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

A beautiful card, Susie...I love the colours

Gail said...

Very pretty!
Love the purple & silver!

shazsilverwolf said...

Wow, I love this. I am such a fan of dark, deep colours, and your Purples are gorgeous. I also love what you did with the butterfly, I shall (try) to remember that technique. Thanks for joining in at Craft A Scene, Shaz.

Deanna said...

Simply gorgeous! love the colors