Sunday 22 April 2012

Out Of Africa

Good afternoon, I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. My husband is outside gardening - trying to beat the rain that's expected. I had been thinking about this card all day yesterday and after discussion with my husband and raiding through my stamps box I came up with this. It was made with the Secret Crafter Saturday challenge in mind - Inspired by a Film Title. The film is "Out of Africa".
The image was stamped using a set of with theKars Storybook stamps. I made a template of the giraffe so a could stamp the rhinoceros making the giraffe look like it is in the foreground. 
I coloured the image using my Whisper Stroke pens and then using a set of Dovecraft bright chalks a tried to make it look like a sunny African day. Finally I stamped the sun using versamark and brought out the colour using the chalks.The sun stamp is one I have had for a while fromVap Scrap.

Looking for backing papers I found the tree and grass papers in my stash. I covered an A5 card with the tree paper and then ripped the grass one and inked the edge with a versamagic chalk ink. I mounted the image on some brown paper from my scraps box. The sentiment was made using word art.

I made these flowers out of tissue paper cut using a Tim Holtz Die - Tattered garland and added various middles - buttons, bees, flowers and pearls. I also found some Paper Mania skeleton leaves which contrasted beautifully with the scene. Finally I used a piece of giraffe ribbon from my stash and a metal bumble bee.
Here is my finished card which i hope you all like.xxxx


I would like to enter it in the following challenges -



the secret crafter saturday challenge-inspired by a film - Out of Africa
crazychallenge/inspired-by-movie
mymumscraftshop/challenge-53-favorite-song-movie
simon says stamp and show-anything-goes





6 comments:

Helen said...

"I likes that". Brill card xx

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous love the creation and presentation of your movie, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Jill said...

beautiful card susie love the flowers great choice of film thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Susie,
This looks fabulous. I love the safari theme. Great interpretation of your film choice. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Mrs Wonka said...

Great card, love the details!

Happy crafting!

Mrs Wonka (Zoe) x

Sonia said...

Great card fits the challenge perfectly.
Thanks for joining in with the Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs Sonia xx