Monday 23 April 2012

Christmas Gift Set

Good morning - I have been working on this challenge for a few days now. Thought it would be nice to make something extra as well as a card. The challenge has been set by -http://christmasstampin.blogspot.co.uk/. I have never made a pillow box before, but I had a template from an old cardmaking and papercrafts magazine.
First I chose a 12x12 piece of card from papermania - silk screened. This is a lovely pink christmasy design with a soft sheen.
The stamp I used is from Lili of the Valley - Christmas Dance. I used my Whisper pens and added glitter to give a real Christmasy effect. I cut some flowers using a Tim Holtz die and inked the edges of the card, flowers, and image with a Tim Holtz ink - Worn Lipstick. I added furthe flowers from my stash and a piece of silver tinsel ribbon. I finished the effect with some silver gems. The centre of the large flower is a Hot of the Press extra large brad with a Christmas rub-on added.
Next I made my pillow box out of the same card and inked all the edges. I added more flowers to contrast with the card. I added a tag I made which I inked and stamped with a crafty individuals stamp. I added 2 snow flake buttons and plenty of ribbon from my stash. I am very pleased with this first attempt at a pillow box and will have to keep it safe until Christmas!







Lastly I made a gift tag matching the design to the card and box. I struggled to photograph the threetogether but hope you can see ok.   I would like to enter these in the following challenge -   christmasstampin/challenge-7-special-u                                                                                       

4 comments:

Helen said...

Love it. Very special xx

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So pretty!!! The glitter and glitz looks so festive with the pink. What a great set with 3 pieces. So glad you joined us this week at CSAYL. I am also glad you were inspired to make your first pillow box - kudos!

Patricia Chalas said...

hey susie thanks for playing along with us this week.
your project is very cute, love the pinkly feeling!!

Linda Walsh said...

Your project is absolutely beautiful! I love pink!!!! Your tag is an added bonus. I always forget to make a tag to go with my gift ensembles. Thanks for the inspiration